Quick Start: ‘Life admin’ support topic

I’m American and visit China frequently. China visas are 10-year visas, not trip-by-trip. And applying for them is a complex process that involves many documents and (for us) 3rd party services. Do you suggest storing multiple copies of these things in the folder for each trip to China? (I’m not being snarky, it’s an honest question.)

I think there are other categories that will be similar. Do you recommend storing everyone’s medical insurance claim information in a different root folder? That seems strange to me. I think “medical claim” and then “for person X” rather than the other way around (probably because applying for insurance reimbursement is taking an action that is very similar regardless of who it is for). It may be different for me because I am doing all life admin for both my young kids and my spouse, so having category folders for each person seems strange–it’s not like they will be interacting with the system and will want to have a folder of their own.

BTW, it’s been fascinating going through the Life Admin structure and thinking about how different your life must be from mine based on your choices. You have one folder for everything related to medical insurance (a complex nightmare for Americans) and TWO folders for plants to separate indoor and outdoor plants! I laughed out loud when I saw that. :smile:

2 Likes