Confused on how to manage additional notes and Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc

Hi everyone, I am implementing my JD system, but I am confused on where to put additional notes and how to keep Google Sheets, Google Docs, etc… within the system.

ABOUT NOTES
I am creating my JDex on Obsidian using basically folders like:

10-19 Life Admin
11 Me & other living things
11.10 Documents.md

So 11.10 Documents.md is describing what’s in that AC.ID and then I put the real documents in the filesystem under the folder “11.10 Documents”.
The problem is that sometimes I have additional notes that I take with Obsidian and I need to keep them. I read the blog and the forum and I’d like to ask if you can confirm that it is better to keep the JDex under the:

00-09 System-management area
00 System-management category
00.00 JDex for the system

as shared in JDex deep-dive: data and storage options (Figure 22.00.0182R). So that at that point I won’t have anymore a “11.10 Documents.md” under “11 Me & other living things”, but I’ll have a “11.10 Documents” folder and I’ll be able to put notes in there if I need it.
Is this correct?

ABOUT GOOGLE SHEETS, GOOGLE DOCS, ETC…
I have created all those folders under Documents/MyArchive. And I was planning to sync with Google Drive. The problem is that Google Sheets and Google Docs are downloaded and converted into other formats like docx for example. Apart from using the stream way of syncing files, do you think I should organized in Google Drive the same folders and saying in my JDex that some files are present in Google Drive? At that point on Google Drive I’ll have some files synched under “Computer” and other files kept under “My Drive”. Does it make sense?

That sounds right, yes. Your JDex – the Obsidian vault – now lives at 00.00. To keep additional notes, you can now either:

  1. Type ‘below the line’ in the JDex entry (per the blog post).
  2. Create another text file in Obsidian. I didn’t talk about this in the blog post, but of course it’s possible. (You might create a folder, use the Folder Notes plugin … endless possibilities with Obsidian.)
  3. Create a text file in your filesystem at 11.10. This is the external data scenario from the blog post.

I would create a ‘lite’ version of your structure in Google Drive, yes. So only create the folders that you need, when you need them. But there’s no reason that the structure there shouldn’t look like the rest of your structure. It’s the same system, just in a different place.

1 Like

Perfect, thanks.
Now it’s clear :folded_hands:

2 Likes