I’m researching the JD system. I believe I understand the general concept of the system and the importance of the index. I am unsure what electronic tool I would use for the index and file system. I’ve read the majority of the posts in the forum.
However, I feel like something just hasn’t “clicked” yet to understand how it could work.
I could benefit from some real feedback for a few typical scenarios. How would you take the outcomes from these scenarios and store them in your JD system?
Scenario 1) A team meeting.
- The boss creates an agenda for the weekly 90-minute cabinet meeting.
- A designated team member writes general notes directly on the (MS Word) agenda (housed in MS Teams) as the meeting progresses.
- As the meeting plays out, I take my notes and to-dos in a notebook (pen and paper).
Scenario 2) A 1-1 meeting.
*A weekly meeting with a department head that I supervise. The meeting’s purpose is to stay on the same page and discuss roadblocks, deadlines, etc.
- As the meeting progresses, I take notes and to-dos in a notebook (pen and paper).
Scenario 3) A noticed meeting of a board of trustees.
- A monthly meeting of an elected board of trustees.
- The meeting is run for and by the trustees.
- I attend to provide information.
- As the meeting progresses, I would take personal notes and leave with to-dos.
- The meeting would have formal notices, agendas, and reference materials provided for information and action items.
What would you do after the scenario meeting(s)? In other words, what actions would you take in your JD systems to store the notes and reference information from each meeting scenario?